Are you an Artist who has experience teaching your art form in classroom or community settings?
Are you an artist in need of professional development or mentoring?
Are you a teaching artist living in Florida?
Would you like to communicate with a group of arts professionals?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you should apply to become a member of AFTA!
AFTA is creating a community for artists in the Sarasota-Bradenton counties and throughout Florida. We are looking for artists or arts supporters who endeavor to bring quality art programs into our schools, organizations and communities.
We are looking for artists who:
- Are passionate about their work/craft.
- Can teach their craft in schools, communities or organizations.
- Have been background checked to work with children.
- Would like to connect with like minded people.
Being part of AFTA, I learned from my colleagues to think on my feet, approach my art from different perspectives and think ‘outside of the box’”
– Deb Torger | Visual Artist
Benefits of membership:
Visibility: AFTA is committed to connecting our members to schools, arts organizations, civic leaders, community groups locally, national and internationally. When school administrators, project directors and program development staff are looking for the right artist to hire, they’ll have access to a detailed artist profile and bio for every AFTA member.
Marketing: AFTA members will have the option to list their profiles on our site. We are a resource for schools, organizations and communities interested in hiring pre-qualified local artists for arts and cultural education projects and programs at their sites.
Validation: AFTA’s professional staff will review and select applicants to make sure of the quality and professionalism of each artist listed on our site. This can be an important consideration when educators are deciding who to hire.
Community: AFTA members meet once a month to receive information about organization updates, professional development, marketing, work opportunities and to socialize with other artists.
Additional benefits include:
- Be a part of an artistic community of likeminded professional colleagues
- Artist Insurance
- Participate in Professional Development training
- Collaborative opportunities
- Advance notice of work opportunities
- Advocacy for work status
- Being part of a teaching artist database with links to your site
- Post your events on our calendar (coming soon!)
- Opportunities to write guest blog posts or become a regular contributor
- Facebook, newsletter, and photo posting opportunities
If you’re a local artist or teaching artist, CLICK HERE to contact us about becoming a member of AFTA!